In use of the different skin models shown, we can carry out a variety of analyzes at Dermatest®, some of which are not possible in cooperation with test persons.
Particularly, studies are to be carried out according to OECD guidelines, such as:
- Irritation test (OECD TG 439, ECVAM),
- Corrosion resistance, (OECD TG 431, ECVAM),
- Eye Irritation Testing OECD TG 492 (ECVAM).
The following features can be investigated by using the skin models:
- Product compatibility,
- Inflammation (dynamics of the inflammatory process by determination of different interleukins),
- Phototoxicity (UV irradiation) Protection against UV rays (sun protection) as well as dynamics of the regeneration process,
- Integrity of the skin barrier,
- Tissue and cell viability (also ET-50),
- Epidermal differentiation / stratification, regularity of the entachment process,
- Integrity of the dermo-epidermal zone,
- Wound healing studies,
- Pigmentation lightening studies
- Hydration studies (corneometry & TEER measurement),
- Anti-aging studies, establishment phase,
- Penetration / permeation studies, establishment phase,
- Sensitization and allergy potential of substances, establishment phase.