Safety assessment in accordance with Article 10According to Article 3 of the European Cosmetics Regulation, the safety of a cosmetic product is of paramount importance.
Within the framework of the safety assessment, the following characteristics of the cosmetic product should be evaluated in the form of a safety report in accordance with Annex I of the Regulation:
- Quantitative and qualitative composition of the product,
- Physical / chemical properties and stability of the cosmetic,
- Microbiological quality,
- Impurities, traces,
- Information on the packaging material,
- Normal and reasonably foreseeable use,
- Exposure to the cosmetic,
- Exposure to the ingredients,
- Toxicological profiles of ingredients,
- Undesirable effects and serious adverse effects,
- Information about the cosmetic product,
- Warnings on the label and instructions for use.